Monday, January 28, 2008

In Cuautla





We landed under the cover of dark on the 25th of January to what seemed to be a dark dingy town...no vibe, no people, no internal music playing and we were tired. Oh well we're here, so we walked the 4 blocks to the Zocalo and again woke up the propieter of the Hotel Colon...even at this late hour he was all smiles...room was 250.00 pesos per night...again we were tired so we thought we'd sleep and then push back to Cuernavaca after a day of market research. Greg was pretty much the walking dead and I wasn't much better { after my climb at Cacaxtla}, we needed some down time although didn't know it.




I woke up at 730 am and blasted out of the room leaving Greg to sleep...as I had to check out what kind of town this was in the light of day.....manomanonman! was I in for a shock!! the town was alive! people everwhere...vendors, kids, mamacitas and me. I was going to jsut sit and have a coffee and watch, but decided to take a boo around...the streets were jamm packed...it's like the entire town is one big market.






See the pic...all of the streets were like this..no kidding! Greg joined me in the square and we both decided that we needed a day with out packs on us , so we'd stay a night...do the mineral springs the next day and then head to Mexico City to meet up with Leticia parents and family.



Typical Street scene in Cuautla every morning















We ended up staying three days in thsi town...people extremely friendly and helpful...certainly like to come back and visit it again...on to the springs.









And at night...the Zocalo is the place to be for families and teenagers....it's where it all happens.






















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Uncle! I love all the stories! I hope you had a great time, I can't wait to see you again! I love you! take care! Michelle