Sunday, January 20, 2008

Greg Wittals WILD KINGDOM

As the sun was setting in San Miguel de Allende, we were observing wildlife at a local watering hole, suddenly my sixth sense started tingling, I then caught out the corner of my eye the fleeting shadow of what could only be a predator. Colin as he was consuming water was blissfully unaware of the danger around him.


A chill ran down my spine as I recognised the harbinger of his impending doom, not to be confused with the much feared North American Cougar, the Mexican Jaguar pound for pound is the worlds most dangerous cat. Not only does she hunt for survival, she also kills for pleasure. I was faced with a most critical decision do I RUN AWAY and save myself?, or do I risk my own life attempting to save my amigo? Thinking how hard it would be to explain his sensless death to his children and equally driven by guilt I made a snap decision and said " my throat is getting sore, lets call it a night and head back to the hotel." We then then left and Colin was still innocent and unaware how close the shadow of death had passed. I just saved a life....

No comments: