Sunday, January 20, 2008

On our way to Tuxpan

In Pachuca at the moment waiting for the bus....another 6 hour ride to contemplate all we have done and seen.....hey I did revceive some info that there are those who would like to leave a comment but do not know how...just scroll tot the end of the blog entry and click on the orange comments line...you can read what others have sent and then leave your own mark for us to read. Ok lets see what we got for todays entry....oh by the way everyody...I just got word that my oldest son Darien recieved an award for football last night and then was named onto the ALLSTAR team...WAY TO GO Darien!!

Like I said, we didn´t like San Miguel to much, and in fact as we were leaving there were two couples asking us if we were Canadian...yes was the answer...and when did you get in...I answered last night...and you´re leaving so soon? she asked...yes I said, too many white people here (eep!...remove foot here!) she kind of took offence to that. So as we are travelling today, not alot to tell so here´s some random pics for you to ponder.

To the right...a local delicacy..RATUN FRITO (deep fried rat) quite tastey,,,I had two...so did Greg....mmmmmm...











A typical acroument to many of the hostels we stayed in...it´s a lamp I think, but couldn´t find the switch.












Loading up this weeks supply of Agua especial





.





Leticia and family...left to right

Uriel age: 11, Leticia...age: unknown (apparently none of my business haha) and Karin age:15

We´ll be staying at Leticias mother house in Mexico city ariound the 28th...hopefuilly Teotuhicuan and Tula will be a couple of stops.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man Colin you Should bring a "lamp" home with you but is it just me or does it resemble a "BONG"
Hit that shit hard man haha

talk to ya soon
Josh

Tell the truth said...

Hi Colin:

I like Leticia. She seems a nice woman.

Why are you disappointed of San Miguel de Allende ?

What is your perception about the hotels and food?

Publish more pictures, if you have the time.

Saludos amigo

Friman

Anonymous said...

I wold advise anybody to visit San Miguel...my reasons for not liking it are purley selfish...too many ex-patriots and it seems that they are running over the town..they have in fact over the last 15 years. Locals are a bit resentful as they feel its not their town anymore....I felt the same way about Canmore Alberta Post 1988 Olympic games. Prices are high...bars are crowed with mostly drunk ex-pats...waitresses are from Montreal, Toronto, Mexico city...this is not Mexico to me....thats all.